Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

IAP+Airwave: incorrect transmit power

hi,

i'm having issues with fixing transmit power for IAP-325.
AW is latest 8.2.5, firmware is 6.5.4.3

i've set manually to:

aw_ICG_settings.jpg

yet, actual transmit power is different (though channels are correct and not changing):

aw_ap_monitor.jpg
beforehand, IAP was managed as standalone and changing AP transmit power worked. Tried with older firmware, but the issue stays. i even set min TX power to 21 under ICG->system, but that haven't worked either

i can sync all other configs, names, descriptions, even change channels.

it's a single AP and i need a bit more "juice", as there's a client (sorf of ikiosk) that needs wifi access, but is pretty far away and sometimes loses connectivity

Guru Elite

Re: IAP+Airwave: incorrect transmit power

What is the the regulatory domain of that IAP-325? Those access points might be limited based on channels/power depending on the regulatory domain.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

regulatory domain is configured as EE-Estonia (and country code too under Instant Gui)

EDIT: i checked, there's no power supply restrictions (running from 802.11at injector)

still shows that 2.4 Power (dB) is 18 (under show-techsupport), although it clearly got my configuration
per-ap-settings 34:fc:b9:cf:be:e2 a-channel 36 22 g-channel 1 22 exit

Guru Elite

You should SSH into that IAP and run this commnd:

show ap allowed-max-EIRP

It will tell you the allowed maximum transmit power on each channel for that regulatory domain.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

you're right, max EIRP is 19 for 2,4G. thanks for clarification.

max_eirp.jpg

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: