Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

IAP Cluster duplicating SSIDs

I have built an IAP network (had to redo the configuration for the client several times). For some reason, the SSIDs are duplicating and the duplicate SSID (One has caps characters the other doesnt) does not show in the IAP configuration when downloaded. 

Any ideas? 

Guru Elite

Re: IAP Cluster duplicating SSIDs

On the commandline of the IAP, type "show ap bss-table" to ensure that the WLAN being broadcast is coming from that IAP...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Thank you for the prompt response. Here are the results of my bss table: 

Aruba AP BSS Table
------------------
bss ess port ip phy type ch/EIRP/max-EIRP cur-cl ap name in-t(s) tot-t
--- --- ---- -- --- ---- ---------------- ------ ------- ------- -----
70:3a:0e:2e:07:e0 CorpWifi ?/? 10.73.0.71 g-HT ap 11/18/21 0 AP1_IDF3 0 40m:38s
70:3a:0e:2e:07:e1 GuestWifi ?/? 10.73.0.71 g-HT ap 11/18/21 0 AP1_IDF3 0 40m:37s
70:3a:0e:2e:07:f0 CorpWifi ?/? 10.73.0.71 a-VHT ap 100E/18/22 0 AP1_IDF3 0 40m:48s
70:3a:0e:2e:07:f1 GuestWifi ?/? 10.73.0.71 a-VHT ap 100E/18/22 0 AP1_IDF3 0 40m:37s

Guru Elite

That looks like 2 SSIDs on each band, which is what it is supposed to be.  Where are you seeing SSIDs being duplicated?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Seeing this in all of the wireless clients. For example attached is a screen shot from my Macbook. 

Occasional Contributor I

These SSIDs are also showing in my IDS log (attached). 

Contributor II

I notice the capital I vs i between the 2 set of SSID. It may be a typo in your new config or your client devices showing saved profiles. Otherwise maybe you have another infra AP or IAP nearby broadcasting the same SSID but with the I vs i in your SSID names.

Guru Elite

FLWifiEng wrote:

These SSIDs are also showing in my IDS log (attached). 

Anything that is interferring, is not part of your current cluster.  You could have two different clusters running at the same time, each broadcasting a different version of the SSID.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

Thanks for the prompt responses. I am going to continue searching to see if I have a duplicate IAP cluster, but I will also check on the saved profile option as well. I believe the solution will be a combination of the two. 

Thank you for just providing some outside suggestions!!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: