Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP Content Filtering - OpenDNS blocking

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP Content Filtering - OpenDNS blocking

Posted Apr 12, 2012 11:41 AM

I tried the Content Filtering option today on my IAPs in my lab and read other posts to find out that to have full control over what sites are blocked/not blocked, I would have to create an OpenDNS account, correct?

Does anyone have any idea what is blocked by default without paying for an OpenDNS account?   I was testing it out and only found xxx sites to be blocked so far with content filtering enabled. Any other types of sites blocked by default?

• 2.  RE: IAP Content Filtering - OpenDNS blocking

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 12, 2012 01:01 PM

@syurick wrote:

I tried the Content Filtering option today on my IAPs in my lab and read other posts to find out that to have full control over what sites are blocked/not blocked, I would have to create an OpenDNS account, correct?

Does anyone have any idea what is blocked by default without paying for an OpenDNS account?   I was testing it out and only found xxx sites to be blocked so far with content filtering enabled. Any other types of sites blocked by default?

You might want to contact OpenDNS about that....

• 3.  RE: IAP Content Filtering - OpenDNS blocking

Posted Apr 12, 2012 01:46 PM

Syurick, best way to find this information is by visiting OpenDNS.   You can also view the documentation in Knowledge Base.