Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP DHCP Lease Time

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP DHCP Lease Time

Posted Mar 04, 2014 09:11 PM

I need to set the lease time to at least 5 days and it's only letting me set it to 24 hours.  Should I be setting this somewhere else?

Im running OS 6.3.1.2-4.0.0.3

ScreenHunter_30 Mar. 04 19.07.jpg

• 2.  RE: IAP DHCP Lease Time

Posted Mar 04, 2014 09:23 PM

Hello

If you are using  a virtual controller assigment ip what you need to do to achive that is going in here

dhcp.PNG

System-->click advanced options--->dhcp

In there you will be able to do that...

Cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: IAP DHCP Lease Time

Posted Mar 04, 2014 10:00 PM

So I would  use just that lease time even though I am using DHCP under 

More-DHCP Server- Local DHCP Scopes

• 4.  RE: IAP DHCP Lease Time

Posted Mar 04, 2014 10:05 PM

No.  You have to use the DHCP under system.

I just saw you using a vlan 108

Does that vlan 108 just exist in the virtual controller?

If it does just exist in the virtual controller then instead of putting a vlan assigment on the configuration of the VAP use virtual controller assigment(that will use the dhcp server under system) and thats the one you need

Now i dont know why Aruba Make it like that, both should have that option! :)

Cheers

Carlos

• 5.  RE: IAP DHCP Lease Time

Posted Mar 04, 2014 11:16 PM

VLAN 108 also exists on the firewall.  The guest traffic is configured to go through this VLAN.

• 6.  RE: IAP DHCP Lease Time

Posted Mar 05, 2014 09:27 AM

Well then the only option you got for now its putting the DHCP server on the firwall or on somwhere else, or the other option which i think its the best... nat the guest network and use the virtual controller ip assigment.

It would be good to open a support case to ask the TAC if thats a bug or by design it is like it... because its weird that it just leave you 24 hours, on the DHCP local and it let you put under system dhcp the lease you want... i found that odd.

Cheers

Carlos