Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP DHCP went he is not the default gateway

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP DHCP went he is not the default gateway

Posted Oct 01, 2015 03:19 PM

Hello i got this client which has a small branch in which it has one L3 switch which does the nat/route and has the interface vlan but this does not do dhcp server

They have PDTS that need to have DHCP  but their default gateway is the switch

Is there a way to create a DHCP(local)  server for this vlan on the Instant virtual controller?  if i try to create it as local, it doesnt give me the option to put it a default gateway that i want...

• 2.  RE: IAP DHCP went he is not the default gateway

Posted Oct 01, 2015 03:25 PM

I just saw an option of local L2, maybe that will work

The other thing is that

The switch will give me that vlan in which the PDTS should connect  in access, so it will be the same vlan in whcih the IAP will have their own ips( i cannot change this model as its a requirement of them)

so i though in configuring the IAP with static ips, and then build a DHCP server on that same vlan, for the PDTS which will connect on that vlan but on wirless

The config on the SSID will be network assigned, client vlan assignment default

Cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: IAP DHCP went he is not the default gateway

Posted Oct 02, 2015 07:10 AM

Is it not possible for the customer to put the DHCP scope on the switch or utlize ip-helper to forward it to another DHCP server?

• 4.  RE: IAP DHCP went he is not the default gateway

Posted Oct 02, 2015 11:32 AM

nope, not even the central site has DHCP, so i cannot use that.. their switch does not do DHCP server.   They use a controller of another brand in the remot sites and this controller give the dhcp they need in the remote sites., as we want to replace that to instnat, the instant needs to do that.  We cannot put a controller because then the price would go really high and there would not be any point in replacing.

Cheers

Carlos