Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP External Captive Portal not redirecting

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  IAP External Captive Portal not redirecting

Posted Jan 20, 2016 08:49 AM

Hi,

I am troubleshooting setting up an external captive portal on an IAP running 6.4.3.4-4.2.1.0_52602.

The issue appears to be when using "authentication text" as the type in for the profile and putting a url, ie "/xyz/abc.html"  --> it does not redirect at all. When I tested with a different site which did not have a URL it redirected correctly.

Interstingly when the authentication type was "radius authentication" and I had a url for redirection it redirected correctly....

Am I missing something obvious? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: IAP External Captive Portal not redirecting

Posted Jan 20, 2016 03:15 PM
    your best course of action is to open a case with TAC so they can analyze everything

• 3.  RE: IAP External Captive Portal not redirecting

Posted Jan 20, 2016 06:02 PM

So I don't have a valid support contact......

Any suggestions? Has anyone else experieced this issue or can confirm it?

• 4.  RE: IAP External Captive Portal not redirecting

Posted Jan 21, 2016 02:19 PM

Update,

It actually appears that the extra stuff the IAP appends to the url, my captive portal/webserver can't deal with resulting with error 500.

The example of where it worked seems that that webserver was able to process it. I am checking to see if there is a specific config on it.

Thanks!

• 5.  RE: IAP External Captive Portal not redirecting

Posted Feb 05, 2016 03:42 AM

Hi

Any updates to this problem?

I'm facing a somewhat similar problem, a hotel shall utilize an external captive portal residing on the Internet, and thus we use https.

Guest portals using https can be a bit tricky i'm told, and the experience is that users running windows 10 have problems displaying the portal page. Not sure if this is related to OCSP or what, as i'm unable to re-create the problem in my lab with similar equipment.

Instant is running version 6.4.3.4-4.2.1.2

Roar Fossen

• 6.  RE: IAP External Captive Portal not redirecting

Posted Feb 07, 2016 04:49 PM

what exactly is your issue Mosher, perhaps start a new thread on it.

• 7.  RE: IAP External Captive Portal not redirecting

Posted Feb 08, 2016 03:27 AM

Hi

I did wonder about that when posting.

Found some solution to the problem though.

As i didn't program a specific role for the captive portal, and used the role the system gives med (external CP), i could see that the system was inconsistent in giving the right role to clients.

Not all users where given this role, so they did not get the portal because of the wrong role.

Instead i created a CP logon role, assigned this role to the pre-authentication role on the role-based access rules.

This gave me more accurate assignment of roles than before.

Roar

• 8.  RE: IAP External Captive Portal not redirecting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2016 09:27 AM