Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP LACP and power injector

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP LACP and power injector

Posted Mar 06, 2017 11:06 AM

Hi,

We have IAP 225 with 1 power injector.
    1) Do I need 2 power injector, If I want to connect 2 Ethernet cable on IAP.

2) If no, Suppose 1 cable disconnected from IAP then both radio(2.4 and 5 GHz) will work or only one radio work.

Thank you

• 2.  RE: IAP LACP and power injector
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 07, 2017 04:50 AM

@nik-mh wrote:

Hi,

2) If no, Suppose 1 cable disconnected from IAP then both radio(2.4 and 5 GHz) will work or only one radio work.

Thank you

1. No. Just plug your injefctor into Eth0.

2. It depends on which cable is unplugged. 

• 3.  RE: IAP LACP and power injector

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2017 06:01 AM

@nik-mh wrote:

Hi,

Thank you

I would save  configuration time and complexity and only use ethernet 0 and skip LACP.  You would only possibly be theoretically able to pass 1gb of traffic on that interface if a client is doing 80mhz channels and is perfectly positioned maybe a few feet away from the AP at the right angle.  Multiple clients on a single access point make that even less likely.  If you have any density you will not be using 80mhz, because there are simply not enough channels to support it.  Your complexity gets worse ibecause you would need a second ip address for gre striping on the controller, but it is not worth the complexity, because the traffic you are planning for only occurs under very limited circumstances...