Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP+LDAP

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  IAP+LDAP

Posted Mar 22, 2017 12:21 PM

Hi guys,

I have a issue. I've got LDAP authentication working but i need to point to the specific CN for Base-DN (See below).

The thing is the AD has all the users scattered across a _lot_ of OUs and this is a problem for me. If I remove CN=Users and leave DC=xxx,DC=com then it won't work.

Is there any way to recurse through the entire AD and if there is what should be in the Base-DN.

Also, the GTC token thing doesn't work for Windows 10. In Windows 7 I'm able to authenticate but the connection will fail in Windows 10. Some assistance here would be much appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

• 2.  RE: IAP+LDAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 22, 2017 01:56 PM

You would deal with a majority of your issues (having to install EAP-GTC, having to figure out what container to authenticate users to), if you switch to using a radius server, instead...

Typically you should just be able to use DC=Com, DC=Domain, but you might have to enable ldap debugging on your LDAP server to determine what is wrong.

Again, switching to radius for 802.1x is a better way to do encryption and it provides more opportunities for troubleshooting.

• 3.  RE: IAP+LDAP

Posted Mar 23, 2017 04:32 AM

Hi Colin,

Thanks for replying. However the end does not want to use a Radius... we got to find a way to recurse through the OUs somehow.

• 4.  RE: IAP+LDAP

Posted Mar 26, 2017 10:46 AM

Anyone has any ideas? Since the end user doesn't want a radius server...

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

TIA :)

• 5.  RE: IAP+LDAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 26, 2017 12:09 PM

Well,

I am waiting for someone who still uses LDAP to answer...

• 6.  RE: IAP+LDAP

Posted Mar 26, 2017 01:36 PM

yea i know it's a long shot, but it's worth a try......

thanks Colin. appreciate it.

• 7.  RE: IAP+LDAP

Posted Apr 11, 2017 01:11 AM

You can try using the plugin ldp.exe to find out the base DN for the OU you are interested in & then check if that helps

• 8.  RE: IAP+LDAP

Posted Apr 20, 2017 02:14 AM

thanks...