Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP Latency Value

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  IAP Latency Value

Posted Oct 30, 2014 06:24 AM

Hello ;

I setup a cluster containing 9 x IAP-224 with ANT-1Ws. When we tested the inside & outside communications theres a noticable latency periodically.In 30-35 sec interval there becomes a minimum 100ms latency , thus it makes hand-terminals disconnect from the server. It occurs in every 30-40 sec peroiods. I have tested with various devices.Also make the test simultaneously from a wired client connected to same switch as IAP.

What are the possible reasons to cause this issue ? I have tested w Broadcast-filter option enabled , same results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards 

• 2.  RE: IAP Latency Value

Posted Oct 30, 2014 08:37 AM

Have you tried testing by turning "Scanning" off under RF settings.  This would turn off ARM functionality and APs would no longer be scanning for better channels.   

• 3.  RE: IAP Latency Value

Posted Nov 03, 2014 07:07 AM

I will try this.

So ARM scan can cause this issue ? This is AP-225 , strongest device in Aruba family.Single AP doesnt pass the client count number of "10" so there is no real load in APs and I would say it isnt nice to hear that ARM can cause a problem like this.(if so..)

There is at least %95 connection quality on whole cluster. Any other idea ?

• 4.  RE: IAP Latency Value

Posted Nov 03, 2014 07:47 AM

You should open a case up with TAC.  I was just suggesting something to test to see if there is any difference.  ARM is enabled in our enviornment with no issues, but I am only running IAP-105's.  There are also artciles that provide assistance in network packet capture if you want to go further in depth to view which network traffic is going accross the AP's.