Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP MESH

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  IAP MESH

Posted Sep 10, 2014 04:35 AM

Hi

I have deployed several IAPs (IAP105 model) at a client site.

Most of IAPs work in std wire mode (IAP connected to a switch) but 2 of them were connected in mesh mode. IAP's are powered by external power adaptor.

Everythink was working correctly until the end user experienced some problems with electricity power and the IAP's were rebooted several times.

All wired iap's continue to work correctly but for some strage reasons, the Mesh IAP's are no more recongnized in the virtual controller.

As these IAP's are installed in the height and not reachable , i was wondering if anyone can help in bringing them back to the network.

I 've made the following:

- IAP's portal rebooted

- IAP's Mesh rebooted (Power on/off)

- We have a way to establish a wire connection to the E-net connectors of IAP's: But what could we do the push them to connect to the iap's portals?

- The IAP VC version is 6.2.1.0-3.3.0

- The IAP VC config contains also the MAC ADDRESS's of the 2 mesh IAP's in the allow-new-aps section.

Any help, suggestions or comments will be a lot appreciated.

Regards

eb 

• 2.  RE: IAP MESH

Posted Sep 10, 2014 08:53 AM

Can you see the lights on the meshed AP's?  If so, can you provide that information?

• 3.  RE: IAP MESH

Posted Sep 10, 2014 09:10 AM

Thanks for your quick comment: Yes, lights are ON.

I have to return to the client side in order to provide the light status even and also check if they broadcast a default SSID instant; But i'm sure they are ON as i wrote we rebooted them by Powering OFF/ON the building electricity

• 4.  RE: IAP MESH

Posted Sep 10, 2014 09:24 AM

Thanks for the information.  I just wanted to verify that all lights are "Green" and there were no "Red" lights indicating an error during reboot.  Power and Radio lights would be "Green"' and the Ethernet indicator would be off is my understanding.    

• 5.  RE: IAP MESH

Posted Sep 10, 2014 09:36 AM

Is your Auto-join enabled? I also read it somwhere that it happens due to SW mismatch. Hope this will be helpful

Vlad Tsapko | Solution Delivery Advisor 

[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]

• 6.  RE: IAP MESH

Posted Sep 11, 2014 09:18 AM

Hi

I double checked and auto join mode is activated.

All IAP's are IAP105 model and when build the cluster, i think the VC pushed the OS to all cluster member's; And as i wrote, these IAP's were connected to the network last july.

Any other comment?

Any command i could set on the MESH IAP's to push them to connect to the portal IAP's?

Thx

Elie

• 7.  RE: IAP MESH

Posted Sep 11, 2014 09:33 AM

Can you temporarily take the Mesh AP down and wire it to the network to see if it will join the group wired?

Just a side-note.....the version you are running is very old (v.3.3).  v.4.1.0.2 is the current release.

• 8.  RE: IAP MESH

Posted Sep 11, 2014 09:43 AM

Ok 

If this is the only way, i have no choice, i wanted to avoid that because we need to loan a aerial lift to bring them down; We have 2 units in this situation; Thanks

Elie

• 9.  RE: IAP MESH

Posted Sep 14, 2014 11:58 PM

I have a similar issue with you with power source going and up and down causing the MESH Points toi disjoint from the cluster. Despite what we did end of the day is to use the wire connectivity to rejoint othe cluster for it to MESH up again. I do not need aerial lift to get the APs that was the only saving grace.