Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP, Mesh Link as a Bridge, and DHCP

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  IAP, Mesh Link as a Bridge, and DHCP

Posted Sep 03, 2016 09:32 AM

I am setting up a mesh link that I want to work like a bridge. Trunk all traffic. The mesh point IAP is connected to a switch. If I connect a laptop to the the switch, I get a 169.x.x.x address. The switch has minimal config with only VLAN1.

Both IAPs are upgraded to the latest firmware.  I assume I need an IP Helper-address somewhere in the virtual controller. Where? 

My VC is 10.0.0.201 and DHCP is at 10.0.0.1.

Also, do I enable ETH0 bridge on the mesh point?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: IAP, Mesh Link as a Bridge, and DHCP

• 3.  RE: IAP, Mesh Link as a Bridge, and DHCP

Posted Sep 04, 2016 11:50 AM

aruba bridge.jpg

Here is the current setup. I am able to ping from the AP225 (point) to the Internet.  

Switch .203 cannot ping anything. Not the connected AP or beyond. eth0 bridge is enabled.

AP225-bridge.JPG

Is there something that keeps eth0 from passing traffic to a switch? The switch only IP, Mask, Gateway set.

• 4.  RE: IAP, Mesh Link as a Bridge, and DHCP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 04, 2016 04:23 PM

What does your eth0 wired profile assingment look like? 

• 5.  RE: IAP, Mesh Link as a Bridge, and DHCP

Posted Feb 11, 2019 07:55 AM

I'm having similar issue. I created mesh Portal and my second AP works as a mesh Point. It shares dhcp wirelessly but Eth0 port doesn't give any IP's.

I created wired network with Access and Network assigned settings.

Would really need need to get the Dhcp working on mesh Point too.

Tried also so that AP shares dhcp but didn't get that wotking either.

• 6.  RE: IAP, Mesh Link as a Bridge, and DHCP

Posted Feb 26, 2019 01:20 PM

I beleive you need to modify your wired profile to allow Uplink.  You can change this in the wired options under more in the top left corner of the GUI.  I would suggest creating a new wired profile that allows Uplink and assigne it to GE0/0.  You will need to show advanced options when creating the profile to see the setting.