Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

IAP Skype For Business Audio lag

Hi,

We deployed a few IAP205 clusters for a client and are experiencing issues with skype for business. Specifically, some calls experience an audio lag, e.g. the call will sound like it has paused for a few seconds then the audio will catch up. It is random and cant be re produced on demand but it happens for quite a few calls.

All settings for IAP form the Skype For Business VRD have been set, e.g. WMM, roles, etc.

The S4B server is on premise.

We have a TAC case open. The controller code was upgraded from 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.0 to 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.3, the issue remained, then downgraded to 6.4.4.8-4.2.4.8, issue still remains.

Has anyone else encountered any similar issues?

---------------------------
ACCP, ACMA, ACMP, ACDX
Guru Elite

Re: IAP Skype For Business Audio lag

Are these Windows clients?
Have you also set group policies for Client-Side voice/video prioritization?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Yep, Windows clients.

Not sure about the group policy, will find out though.

ACCP, ACMA, ACMP, ACDX
Guru Elite

Please see "creating QOS policy on a Windows Client" in the Skype for Business VRD here:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Skype-for-Business-VRD/ta-p/286023

It is essential for proper downstream (client to AP) Quality of Service..

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

This seemed to have fixed it, thanks!

ACCP, ACMA, ACMP, ACDX
Guru Elite

Glad to hear it. Do you mind posting screenshots of your QOS group policies for others when you get a chance?

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: