Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP Sync problem?

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  IAP Sync problem?

Posted May 05, 2017 04:54 PM

Have a cluster of AP's (22 of them) but only the master is servicing clients. All the rest have 0 clients.

On the web-gui-

Can't edit any of the AP's.

Can't create new SSID

There was a new firmware version availible so clicked upgrade button. All AP's updated firmware and rebooted. Get same results. Only the master has clients.

Get warning on web-gui that Configuration sysc didn't complete when trying to reboot all AP's on cluster.

SSH to master and ran #show delta-config. It stated config-id 0

But when I entered #show delta-config 0 it says invalid.

#show log system 100 shows the master trying to send out config-id 1

No recent network changes and these were all working earlier today.  

I have my on site tech physically rebooting all AP's in the building but if that doesn't work I'm fresh out of ideas....

How can I get these things talking again?

• 2.  RE: IAP Sync problem?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2017 04:58 PM

Are the client VLANs trunked to all of the APS in the cluster?

• 3.  RE: IAP Sync problem?

Posted May 05, 2017 04:59 PM

Havn't checked each one but they should be. Nothing on the network has changed and up until about 2 hours ago everything was working.

• 4.  RE: IAP Sync problem?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2017 05:02 PM

If you are using 802.1x, do you have Dynamic Radius Proxy enabled?  That would mean that all of the radius traffic would have the source ip address of the VC, instead of individual ip addresses of the APS.  Check the radius server to see if it is dropping traffic from unknown clients..

• 5.  RE: IAP Sync problem?

Posted May 05, 2017 05:08 PM

Possible... web-gui is down right now because he's rebooting them all. But that would not explain why i can't edit an AP or create an SSID. With that sync error popping up leads me to believe that's not it. 

But I'll check once they are back online as they do use radius out there for authentication

• 6.  RE: IAP Sync problem?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2017 05:12 PM

Was it working until you attempted to upgrade?  Are all the IAPs the same model?  If yes, download the latest version here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/EntryId/24556/Default.aspx and upgrade manually.

• 7.  RE: IAP Sync problem?

Posted May 05, 2017 05:15 PM

It was working then quit.

I did the upgrade to see if that would fix the problem.

On another fun note..... Now I'm not getting any response from tech onsite. Hoping they didn't just say forget it we will look at it on Monday (which they may have done).  LOL

• 8.  RE: IAP Sync problem?

Posted May 05, 2017 05:17 PM

RADIUS is still checked as the dynamic proxy

• 9.  RE: IAP Sync problem?

Posted May 05, 2017 05:22 PM

Looks like we are going to pick this back up on Monday as everyone on site is leaving. Thanks for the quick responses Colin. I'll update ticket (or call in for support) on Monday. 

If you think of anything else for us to try before then let me know. Physical reboot on AP's did not fix issue and all client vlans are tagged out to all the AP's. Still getting sync error message on web-gui

• 10.  RE: IAP Sync problem?

Posted May 11, 2019 06:56 AM

Hi,

Hope you well did you ever resolve this we are expirencing a very similar problem with our 215 IAPs out of Sync wondering how you resolved this as we have been going back and forth with support for a week.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.