Controllerless Networks

Contributor I

IAP Time Ranges

It’s not clear to me how to configure a time range for an SSID.  If I simply want my SSID to be available M-F from 7AM-7PM, do I create a single time range that reflects this and set it to Enabled or do I also need to create more time ranges for 7PM-7AM and set these to Disabled as well?

Thank you.

Aruba Employee

Re: IAP Time Ranges

[ Edited ]

Checking with engieering, i am seeing different observations in lab.

Contributor I

Thanks for the prompt reply mannvishal—I reviewed the guide and the behavior is not very clear here.  While I could perform some piloting myself, I was hoping someone with greater insight could enlighten me or, perhaps, someone else already performing this piloting.

Thank you.

Occasional Contributor II

Only create time ranges for the 'enabled' times
Cheers,
Frank
Life off the wire
Contributor I

It appears only creating time ranges for Enabled does not work as I’ve done this and I still show a large number of clients connected outside the Enabled times.  Or is this, somehow, the expected behavior?

Aruba Employee

Can you share the output of show tech-support from your network?

Yan Liu
Director of Product Management
Aruba Instant
US: +1 650 996 3520
China: +86 136 212 16844
Contributor I

I can, but that’s a lot of information that I’m not comfortable posting in a public forum.  I’d be more than happy to send this directly to you though.

Aruba Employee

You can send me a private message through this community.

Yan Liu
Director of Product Management
Aruba Instant
US: +1 650 996 3520
China: +86 136 212 16844
Contributor I

Thanks for looking into this further for me Yan—I sent you the show tech-support from the VC via private message.

Aruba Employee

I looked at the data, the configuration seems correct. Can I assume that the problem you are reporting is the MBoLGuest SSID still shows user connected after hours? If so, to debug further, can wait until a time when the SSID is supposed to be inactive, and then collect the show tech-support one more time? That should help us root cause the issue.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: