Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

[IAP - VPN] local ping problem with distribute, l3

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  [IAP - VPN] local ping problem with distribute, l3

Posted Nov 15, 2014 08:01 PM

Hi.

I tested RAPNG demo with distributem, l3.

<deployment>

Contreller - internet - firewall(only PAT) - IAP - 10.254.0.0/25(distribute, L3)

I checked IAP table at Controller, and OK,

I checked dhcp-allocation at IAP, and OK.

It does ping IAP to local device, but not OK,

*exam. IAP(10.254.0.1/25) -> device(10.254.0.10)  | not OK.

But, it does devce(10.254.0.10) -> 10.254.0.1/25) | OK

Why doesn't local ping from IAP to device?

regard,

• 2.  RE: [IAP - VPN] local ping problem with distribute, l3

Posted Mar 24, 2015 05:58 PM

any comments on this?

We are seeing simliar issues with Distrubuted L3 scopes, that the Clients on the Distributed L3 subnet cant reach other. We can reach all from the inside an over the VPN tunnel, and the clients on the L3 can reach coporate resources over the VPN tunnel and internet access without any issues, they just can reach each other on the same subnet.

But if we in the VPN routing policy force the L3 subnet to be routed locally with a route of X.X.X.X/XX -> 0.0.0.0./0 the clients can reach each other, is this really by design and how it is supposed to work?

any thoughts and comments are welcome.

• 3.  RE: [IAP - VPN] local ping problem with distribute, l3

Posted Mar 27, 2015 02:57 AM

Hi,

Yes, we need to add a policy in the VPN route to allow all the subnets which you want to allow through the tunnel, otherwise traffic will not be allowed through the tunnel.

This can be fixed by adding a route in the VPN tunnel routing table.

• 4.  RE: [IAP - VPN] local ping problem with distribute, l3

Posted Mar 27, 2015 04:02 AM

Hi,

I guess maybe i was unclear or something, the problem isnt that the traffic not going through the tunnel the problem is that they cant reach other on the distributed L3 subnet localy out on the ap between wired and wireless on the same distributed subnet without forcing the ap to route it locally by adding the subnet to the vpn routing table and destination 0.0.0.0/0 which does this. Without that clients cant reach other between wired and wireless on the same distributed L3.

• 5.  RE: [IAP - VPN] local ping problem with distribute, l3
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 28, 2015 09:22 AM

I had been case open.

TAC tell me that expected issue, and it must be routing table for local ping.

Regards.