Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP access different vlan

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP access different vlan

Posted Apr 15, 2015 02:23 PM

Hi

I have the followin scenario:

2 SSIDs

1 SSID "corp", with vlan assignment "default", same vlan as the VC

1 SSID "guest", with static vlan assignment and dhcp from firewall

These 2 SSIDs are on different vlans, how come a user connected to ssid "corp" can ping a user connected to ssid "guest"? Same thing if a user is connected to ssid "guest", it can access the VC.

I thought that the SSIDs where separated since they are on different vlans. Ive created a firewall rule to deny access across SSIDs. Is there another way to accomplish that?

Thanks

Carlos

• 2.  RE: IAP access different vlan

Posted Apr 15, 2015 02:39 PM
    How did you apply the ACL rules ?
    Can you please share your config?

• 3.  RE: IAP access different vlan

Posted Apr 16, 2015 03:48 AM

Hi

I havent created any acl rules in instant, i allow everything on both SSIDs. I want the firewall to be the only device to regulate access. My question was if i have to create any acl rules in instant to block access across vlans or if there is another global function to do this

best regards

Carlos

• 4.  RE: IAP access different vlan
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 16, 2015 07:40 AM

You can you these but in order for you to block in between Layer 3 boundaries you need apply ACL rules on that network
    Deny Inter User Bridging and Deny Local Routing

To enable or disable these features, navigate to Settings > General in the Instant UI.
     Deny inter user bridging— This feature allows you to deny traffic between two clients which are directly connected to the same IAP or are on the same Instant network.
     Deny local routing— This feature allows you to deny local routing traffic between clients which are connected to the same IAP or are on the same Instant network.