Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP added security features

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP added security features

Posted May 24, 2018 11:23 AM

Currently in our wireless environment we are running HP/H3C APs including MSM430-am and WA2620E-AGN models with HP830 controllers.

We are planning on upgrading to controllerless Aruba IAP305s. 

I have been asked to describe the advantages, mainly around security that we will see with the Aruba IAPs. I realize there are many other advantages around easy setup, better antenna strength, and more. But the security is the big thing. Can someone provide me with some security benefits we could see OTOB? We are not planning on implementing Clearpass at this time, but we will be adding Airwave. 

Thank you for any information you can provide! 

• 2.  RE: IAP added security features

Posted May 29, 2018 11:17 AM

So I'm hearing crickets on this question. 

I have found some information that these APs include "wireless intrusion protection" which sounds like a necessary security feature that our old APs did not include. 

This leads me to the question about if we turn on this feature for part-time WIP, how much of a performance hit could we see in serving clients? We have what is considered a medium-density environment. 

• 3.  RE: IAP added security features

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2018 12:31 PM

Please look at the training module here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohcwinXdzsg&t=212s&list=PL37Y-XxK6oanTV3821XpKHFVo3hGPW-56&index=9

It will detail IDS/IPS functionality available on Instant.  The training is geared towards the cloud-based interface for controlling instant, but the features set is the same for non Cloud-based instant.  For more detailed information, you should check with your local Aruba salesperson.

• 4.  RE: IAP added security features

Posted May 29, 2018 02:56 PM

Thank you, I have also found the below video. Very similar, but shows some options through the Virtual Controller interface. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSDgyTp1adE