Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

IAP and CAP

Hi everyone,

I do know that it's possible to convert an IAP to a CAP through the web-interface in the IAP. But just two follow up questions;

If, for whatever reason, you'd like to convert an CAP to an IAP, is it manual management by having to manually upload the firmware?

The second question - If a customer is using an IAP solution and decides for whatever reason go for a mobility controller based solution - Is there any way to quickly convert the config from an IAP based solution to a Mobility controller based solution, or is it necessary to redo the config on the mobility controller?

Thanks,

Tommy

Aruba Employee

Re: IAP and CAP

To covert an IAP that is acting as a CAP back to an IAP, all you have to do is reset the AP and it will have the IAP image . You dont have to manually upload the firmware.

As for as the configuration, i don't think there is a way to move the IAP config to the controller. The controller has to be configured seperately.

Regards,

Sathya

Occasional Contributor II

Thank you for your reply!

I thought as much on your second answer, would've been neat if you just could export and import the config into a mobility controller. Maybe a future feature? :smileyhappy:

On the question converting an CAP to an IAP. I was more curious if you could convert a CAP to an IAP, which never has been an IAP to begin with?

Regards,

Tommy

Super Contributor II

CAP's can't be converted to an IAP unless they were originally an IAP.

I believe there are some subtle differences in hardware (the reset button for instance) that makes them slightly different even though they look and operate the same.

Scott

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: