Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP asign role based on OS fingerprint

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP asign role based on OS fingerprint

Posted Jan 09, 2012 06:51 AM

Hello

I would like to asign roles based on IAP os fingerprint, is this possible? I've looked at the docs but thnk that derivation it's only possible based on RADIUS attributes.

Regards

• 2.  RE: IAP asign role based on OS fingerprint

Posted Jan 09, 2012 10:42 AM

No you'll need a controller to assign roles based on device type. OS Fingerprinting is used to identify the OS of the client which is connecting.. This information is then shown on the web console and is informational only. You cannot use this information to assign a role.

DHCP fingerprinting can be used on controller to identify different device types and then assign a role. 

• 3.  RE: IAP asign role based on OS fingerprint

Posted Jan 09, 2012 11:13 AM

I know the abilty  of the controller but the Instant with IAOS 6.x it's also able to do OS fingerprinting and also apply derivation rules, not only based on RADIUS attributes.

• 4.  RE: IAP asign role based on OS fingerprint

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 09, 2012 11:19 AM

If it were a supported function, it would probably be listed in the Aruba Instant User Guide. I can find no information on this topic in the UG. OS Fingerprinting appears to be informational only, at this point in time.

• 5.  RE: IAP asign role based on OS fingerprint
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 10, 2012 10:58 AM

This is not supported on Instant (IAP) today.

thx, Shashi

• 6.  RE: IAP asign role based on OS fingerprint

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2012 10:28 AM

Hello

Is it at least on roadmap? We've got a customer with Instant APs who is very interested in this feature.

Regards