Controllerless Networks

Contributor I

IAP back to MAster controller

I am putting about 10 IAP 105's at a remote site. I want all my ssid's and roles and policies from the master and do not want to recreate them on the VC. Can I join the VC back to my master controller and get the settings from it or are they not ment for this type of setup.

thanks

Guru Elite

Re: IAP back to MAster controller

The master controller cannot push WLAN setting to the IAP.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

so i have to have 2 totally seperate managed envyroments even tho they have to be the same policeies ?

Guru Elite

Hold on.

You do NOT have an Aruba Controller, just IAPS, right?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

no i have 5 aruba contollers 1 master 4 slaves at 4 campuses. I have a small remote campus where I want to use 10 IAP's but would like to have my roles available to the IAP campus and not recreate them all on the local vc 

Guru Elite

You can make a tunnel from the IAP to the controller, but you cannout push configuration information from the controller to IAP.  You can push configuration information to an IAP from Airwave, however.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: