Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP client connectivity issue

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  IAP client connectivity issue

Posted Sep 20, 2012 05:29 PM

I recently did an IAP installation for a client and PCs connecting to one of the SSIDs are experiencing connectivity issues.

I set this network up with three SSIDs: Fac-Staff, Student, and Student-Open.  They are all configured as WPA2-Personal PSK, with a different key for each WLAN.  I am having some difficulty attaching the error screen shots to this post, so I have included them below.  The issue appears to be happening on Mac OSX, Ubuntu (linux), and Windows clients who are to this post.

Client error Screen Shot_2012-09-20 at 10.40.58 AM.png

IAP error screen shot_2012-09-20 at 10.18.46 AM.png

Sometimes they can work for a while and then they get booted and receive the error message shown in the client attachment.  Sometimes clicking refresh will allow them to access the site.  There doesn't seem to be a time element.  It has happened to almost all of the students at one point or another.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: IAP client connectivity issue

Posted Sep 20, 2012 06:53 PM
    Which of the SSID's out of 3 is having the connectivity problems? Could you please post the screenshots of the network settings and access screen?

• 3.  RE: IAP client connectivity issue

Posted Sep 21, 2012 09:39 AM
    It appears to be the Student SSID. The security settings on all three SSIDs are the same. I will try to get the screen shots you requested and post them.

• 4.  RE: IAP client connectivity issue

Posted Sep 24, 2012 12:08 PM
    DAK,
    Please let me know if you had a chance to get the screenshots.

• 5.  RE: IAP client connectivity issue

Posted Sep 24, 2012 02:10 PM

Thank you, HT.  I did a quick google search for the error message my client is receiving - ssl_error_rx_record_too_long - and found a lot of information.  The issue doesn't appear to be related to either the IAP or the Juniper SRX firewall, but most likely a client configuration issue.  I will update this post when I have more information or a resolution.

• 6.  RE: IAP client connectivity issue

Posted Sep 25, 2012 04:41 PM
      |   view attached

HT,

I did not get screen shots yet.  I know what the network setting screen(s) would be, but what is the access screen you are referring to?

I have also attached a diagram of my deployment for reference.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    TAC diagram.pdf   87 KB 1 version