Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP cluster

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  IAP cluster

Posted Feb 12, 2015 06:22 AM

I have 6 ias 205. The problem is that a pc o another device connects to the iap master, it works, but if the iap isn`t the master, it doesn`t work. The configuration is the same for all, but they aren't sincronized.  :-( .

• 2.  RE: IAP cluster

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2015 06:38 AM
    Do you see all of the IAPs in the Instant UI? 

• 3.  RE: IAP cluster

Posted Feb 12, 2015 06:42 AM

Yes yes, I see all of the IAPs in the Instant UI.

• 4.  RE: IAP cluster

Posted Feb 12, 2015 06:44 AM
    Check that all your instants units connected to the same VLAN/Switch port config.
    Check that all your instantap are from same region (US/IL/RW)
    Check that all your instant got the same AOS.
    Be sure that all your instants can "talk" each other - do simple icmp pings...

Check that u see all your instants under the GUI of the VC(MASTER) (in the middle section of the screen)

• 5.  RE: IAP cluster

Posted Feb 12, 2015 07:12 AM
      |   view attached

[Check that all your instants units connected to the same VLAN/Switch port config.] --> OK
    [Check that all your instantap are from same region (US/IL/RW). !!!! The zone is blank (--)
    [Check that all your instant got the same AOS.] --> OK
    [Be sure that all your instants can "talk" each other - do simple icmp pings... ]--> OK

[Check that u see all your instants under the GUI of the VC(MASTER) (in the middle section of the screen)] I think OK, the attached picture.

Does the zone is necessary????

• 6.  RE: IAP cluster

Posted Feb 12, 2015 07:49 AM

What type of authentication method are you using?

• 7.  RE: IAP cluster

Posted Feb 12, 2015 04:12 PM

no,Region and Zone are diffrent settings , Zone is in order to split to groups your instant group.

But you can see all your instants from the GUI.

More info needed.

*What happend when a client trying to connect the tested SSID from diffrent unit that isnt the master?(wpa2 aes / wep / 802.1x ?) what VLAN is your SSID is broadcasting? what is doing DHCP for that VLAN?

Can u please copy your running config , and share it with us?

• 8.  RE: IAP cluster

Posted Feb 13, 2015 03:35 AM

I reset the IAPs and began again the configuration. Now, it works. I think that I modified any parameter, maybe the virtual controller or other and then the iap goes crazy.  Now the configuration is correct and the syncronization is OK. Thank you all.