Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP connected to a RAP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP connected to a RAP

Posted Sep 26, 2013 10:34 AM

Hello,

For a demo case, I would like to have a RAP and an IAP working together. RAP must be the VC (because it's giving the internet access thru 3G uplink). But I don't know how to configure the eth1 port for the IAP to be connected to the RAP.

RAP is with last firmware.

Some help will be great.

Thanks

Dimitri

• 2.  RE: IAP connected to a RAP

Posted Sep 26, 2013 11:27 AM

What AP model do you want to use as the RAP and what model do you want to use as the IAP?

• 3.  RE: IAP connected to a RAP

Posted Sep 26, 2013 11:38 AM

Sorry, so I use a RAP3 (as an IAP with the 3G uplink) and IAP-105 which will connect to the RAP3.

• 4.  RE: IAP connected to a RAP

Posted Sep 26, 2013 03:04 PM

Yes.  This can be done.    Take a look at Chapter 7 of the IAP v.3.4 Users Guide "Uplink Configuration".

• 5.  RE: IAP connected to a RAP

Posted Sep 27, 2013 05:56 AM

My RAP3 (which is the VC with 3g uplink) and the IAP-105 are connected to the same switch. Do I need to configure something special for the wired network on the RAP3 ? Now the RAP3 doesn't see the IAP.

Thanks

Dimitri

• 6.  RE: IAP connected to a RAP

Posted Sep 30, 2013 09:06 AM

So I think that I really need some help.

My RAP3 is connected to a switch. I connect my latop to the switch, get an IP by the RAP and can access to internet. But when I connect the IAP-105 to the switch, WIFI lights stay in amber and the RAP doesn't see it.

If I disconnect the RAP from the switch then the IAP begins to broadcast the Instant SSID. And I can see that it has an IP address. But if I connect again the RAP, the IAP reboot and go back to the first state.

Any idea ? I don't understand why it's not working properly.

Thanks

Dimitri

• 7.  RE: IAP connected to a RAP
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 30, 2013 10:50 AM

The WiFi LEDs being stuck amber suggest: 1. the two IAPs are of different country codes. or 2. the two IAPs are running different versions of software.

Take a look at the model sticker of each unit.  If these are being deployed in the US you should see IAP-105-US and RAP-3WN-US.  Also, power one up, log in and check the version of SW then disconnect it and do the same with the other.  If running different versions upgrade them to the latest (6.2.1.0-3.4.0.2) then try again. 

If you are still having issues you may want to call our TAC and work with an engineer live on the phone for a faster resolution.

• 8.  RE: IAP connected to a RAP

Posted Sep 30, 2013 11:00 AM

Thanks Marcus, both are non-US but I think that RAP as the lastest firmware and the IAP not so I will check that.