Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP maximum user

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP maximum user

Posted Feb 11, 2012 05:02 PM

Q-1

I am working on the IAP92 with external antenna 3.8 dbi, can anyone explain that how many concurrent client/user support by IAP92 smoothly without any problem like choaking and any kind delay etc.

Q-2

Aruba recommendation (hardware and Operating System) for smooth working/running of Airware software with license of 100 devices.

• 2.  RE: IAP maximum user

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 11, 2012 05:06 PM

@Ishtiaq Haider wrote:

Q-1

I am working on the IAP92 with external antenna 3.8 dbi, can anyone explain that how many concurrent client/user support by IAP92 smoothly without any problem like choaking and any kind delay etc.

Q-2

Aruba recommendation (hardware and Operating System) for smooth working/running of Airware software with license of 100 devices.

That all depends on the application, more than anything else.  VOIP is much more banwidth and delay sensitive and could probably only put about 8 to 10 users on an AP by any manufacturer.  Web browsing and email, it is much more (50?).

Let me give you an example:

- If you have 50 users on an access point, but only a T-1 or E-1 internet connection, their experience will be limited to that internet connection

- If you have 50 users on an access point an some are 802.11n clients and some are not, the non-802.11n clients will take longer to send traffic, which means that it will take everyone longer to send traffic

- If all of your users are doing Web traffic, there are alot of mechanisms within web traffic forgiving with moderate to heavy packet loss.

If Capacity is your issue, and this is a school, you should attempt to put in one access point per classrom.

Others can chime in with their experience, as well.