Controllerless Networks

Contributor II

IAP mixed enviroment and 225 not updating

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have a mixed envoriment of 135 and 225 IAP cluster up and running. The current master is a IAP 135, and when I connect a new IAP 225 it will not update the software, despite other 225's are up and running in the cluster with the required software version.

Reading this thread, http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/Firmware-upgrade-question-mixed-env-some-IAP-115s-some-93s/td-p/133245/highlight/true ,  I get the understanding the the new IAP should go to the cloud to fetch the software rather than getting it from the already excisting clustered 225's?

Furthermore I get a feeling a support agreement is needed for the AP to be able to download image versions, but our patner contact says we don't need arubacare for IAP's

I have no problem updating the IAP manually before joining it to the cluster, but I'd really like to be able to ship IAP's directly to sites and branches without having to instruct people to do a manual update of the IAP's before joining the already existing cluster.

If someone could clarify for me the following:

Does the new 225 fetch software from excisting 225, or from the cloud?

Does IAP come with support default, or do we need software agreement or ArubaCare to be allowed to download upgrade from cloud?

Currently running version 6.3.1.4-4.0.0.5_43022 

MVP

Re: IAP mixed enviroment and 225 not updating

You will need to update the iap225 separately and then added to the cluster
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Contributor II

Is this intentionally, is it beause .4005 is not in the cloud yet, or is something else not working as intented?

Guru Elite

The 135 does not have the 225 binary, only the 135 binary to share...  You should update the IAP 225 and then you should be able to join it.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

"Is this intentionally, is it beause .4005 is not in the cloud yet, or is something else not working as intented?"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

If the version your cluster is currently on is the same version than what is posted in the cloud then any new IAP (same model or different model) will be able to join the cluster.  The VC will tell the new member that an upgrade is needed and instruct it to go fetch the upgrade from the cloud.

If the version your cluster is currently on does not yet exist in the cloud then you must manualy upgrade the new IAPs before they will be able to join the cluster.

There is a lag time between when IAP code is released to the TAC site and the cloud.  This is intentional to make sure the new code is not causing issues.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: