Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP provisioning using Airwave with no internet access (IAP and Airwave can talk over MPLS)

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP provisioning using Airwave with no internet access (IAP and Airwave can talk over MPLS)

Posted Mar 12, 2015 01:03 PM

this is a particular scenario for a financial client

Airwave does not have internet access

IAPs at the local branches do not have internet access but it is on an MPLS network back to the datacenter therefore technically able to talk to Airwave locally.

The issue here is that we have to provision around 1500 IAP-115s to go to these bank branches and they need to be monitored by Airwave but we would like Airwave to provision the APs.

It can't talk to Activate because there is no internet access at the local branch.

Is there a way, maybe through DHCP options (43 or 60) that the IAP once it boots up initially to discover it's Airwave server so that it can download it's configuration?

• 2.  RE: IAP provisioning using Airwave with no internet access (IAP and Airwave can talk over MPLS)

Posted Mar 12, 2015 01:18 PM

Check Instant User Guide for Configuring for AirWave Discovery through DHCP. It explains this process in detail.

• 3.  RE: IAP provisioning using Airwave with no internet access (IAP and Airwave can talk over MPLS)

Posted Mar 12, 2015 08:34 PM
    We've done zero-touch deploy using this exact method for about 2000 IAP 105s. Once you set up the template in AirWave it works like magic. I'm not in front of computer now but hit me up and I can look at our setup some more if the guide doesn't get you where you need to go.

• 4.  RE: IAP provisioning using Airwave with no internet access (IAP and Airwave can talk over MPLS)

Posted Mar 13, 2015 09:13 AM
    RTFM for me.
    Thanks for this.
    I first need to find out what server they will be using to do the work, not sure if it will be a windows server. If anything i'll hit you up for sure.