Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP virtual controller inaccessible

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP virtual controller inaccessible

Posted Jul 12, 2016 12:22 PM

We run IAPs at 11 locations and have not had many issues with them. Recently a couple of our sites lost power and upon rebooting the Virtual Controller became in accessable. All sites are running the same version of firmware. I can log into a particualr AP with no issue and manage them. Without access to the VC we have lost some management and reporting capabilities from not being able to poll the APs or see up/down status. I cannot ping the VC from even the switch.

As part of the troubleshooting steps we've updated the IAP105s at one of the sites to the latest version 6.4.2.6-4.1.3.0_54915. The Mobility Access Switches are running ArubaOS Version 7.4.1.3 53659. After rebooting we still experienced the same issue. The APs are setup on trunk ports with multiple vlans. Native vlan is the management vlan and same vlan VC is assigned to. 

I've also taken all the APs offline and booted only 1 to force to the be the VC and the VC was still unaccessable but it show as the master. I can log into the IP of the AP itself as well as all the others once bringing them back online. Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: IAP virtual controller inaccessible

Posted Jul 12, 2016 12:36 PM
    Can you confirm that the IP address assigned to as the VC is not being used by another device ?

• 3.  RE: IAP virtual controller inaccessible

Posted Jul 12, 2016 01:23 PM

Yes, the only ports that are assigned to that vlan/subnet are the ports for the APs and they get a DHCP address .244-.254 and the WiFi controller is .100

• 4.  RE: IAP virtual controller inaccessible

Posted Jul 20, 2016 09:19 AM

Any other advice?

• 5.  RE: IAP virtual controller inaccessible

Posted Jul 20, 2016 09:55 AM
    How do you have the interface of the switch configured where the IAPs are configured ?

• 6.  RE: IAP virtual controller inaccessible

Posted Jul 21, 2016 08:18 AM
    interface-profile switching-profile "WiFi"
    switchport-mode trunk
    native-vlan 100
    trunk allowed vlan 100,106-107

interface-group gigabitethernet "WiFi"
    apply-to 0/0/0-0/0/11
    poe-profile "poe-factory-initial"
    switching-profile "WiFi"