Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

IAP103 broadcast filtering and HP Airprint

Hello everyone!

Please help, I just installed 4 x IAP103. Network is working fine, but we have a HP Printer that we use via Airprint. To enable this i know broadcast filtering has to be disabled end under more, services, airgroup settings i have to select allow all to use airprint. When i disable broadcast filtering, the network becomes instable, drops speed 70% and clients randomly disconnect. Anyone got a workaround?

Guru Elite

Re: IAP103 broadcast filtering and HP Airprint

You should be able to enable broadcast filtering and use Airprint if it is allowed in Airgroup.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

Hi Colin,

No, when only airprint is activated in airgroups the printer is not visible in the network...

Guru Elite

Type "show airgroup blocked-queries" to see if your printer is being blocked somehow..

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

Uhmmm... maybe a dumb question, but where do i type this?

Guru Elite

To see if mdns printer queries are being blocked for some reason, either from your client or the printer.

Occasional Contributor I

I understand, but where can i see this/search this?

Guru Elite

You would SSH into the Virtual Controller and execute it.

Occasional Contributor I

I'm sorry Colin, I'm not too technical, i don't understand what to do... Can you explain?

Guru Elite

Allright.

Click on the Airgroup Bar and see if you see the printer as a client or a server.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: