Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP115: instant SSID not broadcasting, and DHCP IP Address not accessible

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP115: instant SSID not broadcasting, and DHCP IP Address not accessible

Posted Jul 13, 2015 11:36 PM

New IAP115, it doesn't broadcast the instant SSID. It does get DHCP (192.168.1.6), but I can't web to it.

I'm a bit frustrated at this point.

Anyone have any ideas?

• 2.  RE: IAP115: instant SSID not broadcasting, and DHCP IP Address not accessible

Posted Jul 14, 2015 01:02 AM

Is this a brand new IAP?    What do the LEDs show you (what is on, blinking, colors)?   Try resetting the IAP using the pin hole at the bottom of the IAP.  

Insert a paperclip (or similar) into the reset hole when there is no power to the AP.   Apply power while holding the paperclip in the reset hole.  Hold for 10 seconds or so, remove, and let the AP reset and boot.

If the IAP gets a DHCP address and there are no other IAPs on the same L2 network;  it should advertise the instant SSID.

• 3.  RE: IAP115: instant SSID not broadcasting, and DHCP IP Address not accessible

Posted Jul 14, 2015 06:56 AM

Clembo, thank you.

It is new, I purchased an APIN0115 thinking it was an IAP - but now I'm not so sure.

On the bottom the part number shows APIN0115, but the sticker only shows AP-115 and not "IAP".

Did I make the mistake of purchasing a controller-only AP? (it was an ebay purchase).

I will go home and check the other APs also.

• 4.  RE: IAP115: instant SSID not broadcasting, and DHCP IP Address not accessible

Posted Jul 14, 2015 07:38 AM
    Yup, only one is an actual IAP, the other two are not.

Oh boy, now what? Buy a used controller?

• 5.  RE: IAP115: instant SSID not broadcasting, and DHCP IP Address not accessible

Posted Jul 14, 2015 08:34 AM

Hi,

Yes you can start using all APs along with IAP with a Controllers, bring up a setup by terminating APs on the controller .

you have two solutions for IAP,

1. Configure the SSIDs with the similar security in IAP but enable L2 centralised tunnel with the Controller for centralised management

2. Simply convert your IAP to AP and terminate on the same controller.

Please feel free for any further help on this.