Controllerless Networks

IAP92-93 Roaming and authentication issues

Hi,

I am having some problems with a setup of a cluster of 5 AP92-93 and clients having problems with authenticating and probably roaming as well.  It is near on identical to the issue discussed here http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Access-Points/Roaming-Issues-with-Instant-AP/td-p/12433/highlight/true

What is being reported is that a client will work one day and authenticate against the radius server and the next day it won't.  One area is working one day and then the next, the clients fail authentication in that area.  If they move to another area, they can authenticate.

I have set the nas-ip in the radius server config and enable 'dynamic radius proxy'.

We have several sites coming up using the IAP model and it is simply not performing as expected.

Any ideas on this before I abandon it and convert them to controller APs?

Thanks

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Guru Elite

Re: IAP92-93 Roaming and authentication issues

You will need the tech support from IAP to submit to TAC to find out what is going on.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

We had to add each of the aps as nas-clients to the Radius servers and to disable 'dynamic radius proxy'.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
Guru Elite

You should not have to do that.  Was the radius server complaining?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Yes,  only clients connected to the AP that is acting as the master work.  When they roam to another AP, the radius server complains.

I spoke to TAC and this is a know issue.  Bit of a pain, but we got there in the end with that workaround.

Thanks

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
Aruba Employee

Can you share the configuration? I'm interesting in how it happening.

Guru Elite

xiaowei wrote:

Can you share the configuration? I'm interesting in how it happening.

Actually, that issue was posted a year ago, so it might not still be an issue.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: