Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IPV6 Policies

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IPV6 Policies

Posted Jan 09, 2014 03:29 PM

Forgive me, my experience is limited with Instant products. 

Currently I am trying to configure policies for roles being sent back from Clearpass. I need to enter some IPV6 polices and I am beating my head against the wall with little success. Am I just over looking it? I don't see the IP version option in the rule configuration.

How does one enter IPv6 rules into a VC running version 6.3.1.1-4.0.0.0

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: IPV6 Policies

Posted Jan 17, 2014 02:06 PM

Anything?

• 3.  RE: IPV6 Policies

Posted Jan 22, 2014 12:53 AM

Sadly, ipv6 is not supported on IAP.  It can bridge ipv6 traffic, but that's about it.

• 4.  RE: IPV6 Policies

Posted Jan 22, 2014 01:34 AM
    Can you provide any Aruba documentation reference for that.

• 5.  RE: IPV6 Policies

Posted Jan 22, 2014 01:54 AM

I'm not sure what you mean about providing documentation?  

Search the Instant user guide for ipv6 and see if you interpret it differently than me.

• 6.  RE: IPV6 Policies

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2014 10:21 AM

Correct, the IAP product supports pass thru of IPv6 and a number of radius attrubutes. That said, if there is client demand for native IPv6 support, things generally get productized at Aruba. Check the idea's portal within Airheads, if its not been submitted, do so and others can denote their support for the development.

Cheers, Adam

• 7.  RE: IPV6 Policies

Posted Jan 27, 2014 10:26 AM

Thanks for the reply. Currently I do not have a demand for the use of IPv6. The reason I need the IPv6 ability was to go ahead and add IPv6 rules to a role to prevent returning to the customers site in the future if they made the switch.

Thanks