Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Image Sync Failed

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Image Sync Failed

Posted Jun 07, 2016 01:22 PM

Hello

Today i was adding one IAP 103 to a cluster

The cluster has IAP 103(building A)  IAP 205(Building B)

They are all in the same cluster

The master is an AP 205

I was getting this image sync error

I though well he is trying to get the image from the master and as the image is not the same could be that..

So i put an iap 103 as prefered master just to test..  Yeah it worked

My question is

If i want to add an AP to a cluster and the Master of the cluster is an AP that is a different model is there is anyway i can add it without doing what i did???

I mean it already has IAP 103 and IAP 205 in the cluster i though that it would be automatically because the cluster already had both AP models in it.

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Image Sync Failed

Posted Jun 07, 2016 01:30 PM
    Both IAPs need to have the same version of InstantOS before forming the cluster.

• 3.  RE: Image Sync Failed

Posted Jun 07, 2016 01:37 PM

Hello Victor

Okay i think i didnt explain myself

Its a site which already had IAPS 103 and IAP 205 in the same cluster(which has the same image version) already

IAP 103(pegasus) and IAP 205(Taurus) but with this firmware in both 6.4.2.3.x.x.x assume all the x are the same number so its the same version

So i came with a new 103 thinking that well ill add this to the existing cluster, it will download the image from them but no.  

So i though well could be because he is trying to get the version from IAP 205 which is the master  and he has Taurus 

so i though lets put a ap 103 as master just to test...

I did and it worked.

In this enviroment they got a mix of IAP 103 and IAP 205  but it is  a cluster that already exist... i  just wanted to add a new IAP 103

It already added and working but i just wonder if i did soemthing wrong or there is a correct method of doing this.

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Image Sync Failed

Posted Jun 07, 2016 01:45 PM
    I see , unfortunately there's no way of getting around that .

When the IAP joins it will try to grab the image from the IAP acting as Master (By design)