Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Indoor wifi mesh for a building

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Indoor wifi mesh for a building

Posted Dec 28, 2015 03:08 AM

We want to set up indoor wifi mesh in a building  of five floors, the floor space of 300 meters (20*15).
    we proposed Aruba MSR1200 router and two access point (IAP-105).
    First floor  : IAP-105
    Third floor : MSR1200
    Fifth floor  : IAP-105

Is this solution OK ?

Best Regards

Eng. Eltigani Osman  

• 2.  RE: Indoor wifi mesh for a building

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 28, 2015 05:53 AM

MSR1200s and IAP105s do not interoperate.  They cannot mesh together.

Also, it would be difficult, due to the possible interference and reflections to produce a high-performing mesh indoors.  If it works right now, it would be difficult to predict if conditions would change, and that would give you poor performance.  Mesh normally requires a clear line of sight and as little interference as possible.  It is almost impossible to predict mesh performance indoors.

• 3.  RE: Indoor wifi mesh for a building

Posted Dec 28, 2015 07:17 AM

If I use five access points (IAP-115) one AP for each floor, can the bridge between access points give me good performanc?
    because I want to link this floors wirelessly.

• 4.  RE: Indoor wifi mesh for a building

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 28, 2015 07:21 AM

Meshing indoors typically provides poor performance, due to lack of line of sight, reflections and interference.  Meshing more than two hops yields progressively worse performance.  I would not do it, period.

A mesh requires that all access points be on the same channel, which increases contention and degrades performance with each hop.  Again, I would not do this..

• 5.  RE: Indoor wifi mesh for a building

Posted Jan 05, 2016 05:28 AM

I want the Aruba solution to cover my building by WiFi network (indoor network)

can you give me a solution.

• 6.  RE: Indoor wifi mesh for a building

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 05, 2016 06:48 AM

If it is indoors, you should run cabling that teminates on a POE ethernet switch, instead for better performance.

• 7.  RE: Indoor wifi mesh for a building

Posted Jan 05, 2016 09:35 AM

Do Aruba have wireless router to providing DHCP to the access points.

I want as much as possible minimise of the use of the cable

• 8.  RE: Indoor wifi mesh for a building

Posted Sep 19, 2022 12:16 AM
    System:
    7210 Controllers x 4 - HA
    HW Mobility Conductors x 2- HA
    APs: 325, 324, 225, 275, 203R
    Campus AP config
    Campus Network
    ISP: x 2 different providers. 1gb symmetric ; and 600mb/5mb - all managed with a Citrix ADC

Our new management wants to:
                 Remove all of our fiber links to other buildings
                 Remove all of our Campus APs
                 Isolate the buildings with their own Internet connection - possible via local cable operator
                                  Many buildings are from the 1930's with cinder block walls             
                 Deploy wifi mesh system for indoors - they are stating it's best for coverage

Has anything changed in the mesh world since the writing of your post? I constantly tell them mesh works best line-of-sight - outdoors.
    They respond with their home mesh system is working just fine. 

Thanks

Greg