Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

Indoor wifi mesh for a building

We want to set up indoor wifi mesh in a building  of five floors, the floor space of 300 meters (20*15).
we proposed Aruba MSR1200 router and two access point (IAP-105).
First floor  : IAP-105
Third floor : MSR1200
Fifth floor  : IAP-105

Is this solution OK ?

Best Regards

Eng. Eltigani Osman  
Guru Elite

Re: Indoor wifi mesh for a building

MSR1200s and IAP105s do not interoperate.  They cannot mesh together.

Also, it would be difficult, due to the possible interference and reflections to produce a high-performing mesh indoors.  If it works right now, it would be difficult to predict if conditions would change, and that would give you poor performance.  Mesh normally requires a clear line of sight and as little interference as possible.  It is almost impossible to predict mesh performance indoors.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

If I use five access points (IAP-115) one AP for each floor, can the bridge between access points give me good performanc?
because I want to link this floors wirelessly.

Guru Elite

Meshing indoors typically provides poor performance, due to lack of line of sight, reflections and interference.  Meshing more than two hops yields progressively worse performance.  I would not do it, period.

A mesh requires that all access points be on the same channel, which increases contention and degrades performance with each hop.  Again, I would not do this..

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

I want the Aruba solution to cover my building by WiFi network (indoor network)

can you give me a solution.

Guru Elite

If it is indoors, you should run cabling that teminates on a POE ethernet switch, instead for better performance.

Colin Joseph

New Contributor

Do Aruba have wireless router to providing DHCP to the access points.

I want as much as possible minimise of the use of the cable

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: