Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant + Clearpass Captive Portal issues

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Instant + Clearpass Captive Portal issues

Posted Nov 30, 2016 04:36 AM

I have inherited a setup of 3 IAP clusters and a Clearpass Server. I have been informed today that users are having issues authenticating.

The IAP has a single open ssid, external captive portal and radius server set. The web login page loads correctly, it is a simple page with a tick box. I tick the box and click connect, i am then redirected "logging in, please wait...", then i am redirected to the page securelogin.arubanetworks.com/cgi-bin/login which cannot be resolved, i never move out of the preauth role.

I have setup another IAP but replaced the Captive Portal certificate, now i get to the url in the cert (instead of securelogin.aruba....) with a single number on the page that increments every time i try and authenticate. If i do an nslookup to the url i get an IP back of 172.31.98.1 (which to me tells me that the IAP is intercepting it correctly).

I am working with TAC at the moment but not getting anywhere. Has anyone run into any issues like this and if so can you please let me know how you resolved it?

• 2.  RE: Instant + Clearpass Captive Portal issues

• 3.  RE: Instant + Clearpass Captive Portal issues

Posted Nov 30, 2016 04:55 AM

I have replaced the CP certificate, i have tried self signed and signed by internal CA, same issues

• 4.  RE: Instant + Clearpass Captive Portal issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2016 06:10 AM

When did the setup stop working and what led up to the issue?