Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant Features

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Instant Features

Posted Sep 08, 2014 03:18 AM

I have been given an IAP103 for evaluation and there are a couple of features I can't find:

• How did I configure the supported and mandatory data rates?  I can find the minimum and maximum legacy data rates but not where to configure the mandatory data rates.
    • Without using an external captive portal can I resize or reconfigure the captive portal so it displays better on tablets and smartphones?  The default internal captive portal is too wide for tablet and, particularly, smartphone displays.

One feature change I would like to see is the ability to change the SSID's default role so that it is not alreadys the same as the SSID.  This is a "nice to have" rather than a "must have".

• 2.  RE: Instant Features

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 08, 2014 08:16 AM

1. The min and max rates (transmit and basic) are found in the advanced link when you add or edit a network.  That link is found in the lower left.

2. This is not supported.  You would need an external captive portal like Clearpass to display a mobile page.

Screenshot 2014-09-08 08.15.42.png

• 3.  RE: Instant Features

Posted Sep 08, 2014 03:30 PM

Thanks for the reply Seth.

I found the minimum and maximum transmit rates but I am looking for where I configure the mandatory and supported data rates.  For example, I may want to configure the data rates as follows:

* Not Supported - 1, 2, 5.5, 6, 9, 11 Mbps

* Mandatory (Basic) - 18 and 36 Mbps

* Supported - 12, 24, 48, 54 Mbps

• 4.  RE: Instant Features

Posted Sep 14, 2014 05:02 AM

I have been looking at a cost effective external captive portal solution and the ones I have found are all Linux based, which will mean that we need to build a Linux VM.  Is anybody aware of an easy Windows based external captive portal solution?