Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant IAP-275 issue

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Instant IAP-275 issue

Posted May 10, 2017 05:13 PM

I have a Instant network with 7 205's and 1 outdoor IAP 275.  I checked in the firmware and it says there was a new version so I deployed it.  The 275 never came back online.  I did a reset using the reset button and it comes back and I can see it as it's own instant SSID. I can get into it using a DHCP the AP assigns my laptop but the virtual controller doesn't ever see it and it doesn't pick up an IP address.  Even if I static assign address still can't even ping it.  Think maybe firmware is corrupt.  Is there somewhere I can download the firmware and apply it through the GUI from my laptop?  Also, is the same firmware compatible with both 205 and 275?

• 2.  RE: Instant IAP-275 issue

Posted May 10, 2017 05:20 PM
    The 275 and 205 use a different InstantOS file
    If one of the 205 is the VC then the code it will pull from the cloud is the 205

You will need to assign another vlan to the 275 and upgrade it individually

Get Outlook for iOS

• 3.  RE: Instant IAP-275 issue

Posted May 10, 2017 06:58 PM

Thanks Victor - one of the 205's is the VC.  Would it attempted to put the wrong firmware on the 275 and if so would the 275 of accepted it?

I can still get into the web UI of the 275 if I reset it, but I can't connect to the internet or anthing else with it.  Can I download the correct firmware and ujpgrade it from the web UI using that file?  If so, where do I get the file? 

• 4.  RE: Instant IAP-275 issue

Posted May 11, 2017 01:34 AM

Hi Mark,

Please share the firmware currently running on the 205 & 275.

The firmware files are available on support site.

• 5.  RE: Instant IAP-275 issue
    Best Answer

Posted May 18, 2017 10:24 AM

I got it straightened out by resetting the IAP-275, downloading the same firmware that the rest of the IAP-205's had(including the VC).  I still couldn't get it to appear in the interface so I assighned a different IAP as Master and then it appeared and I configured it.