Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

Instant Mesh Bridge IAP315

I configured a IAP-Mesh-Bridge with two IAP315 to bridge some networks from one site to another.

The bridge itselt is up and runnning. However, when I try to ping the switch on the Mesh-Point-Side I face a packetloss around 45%. The notebooks on the Mesh-Point-Side are running fine. No issues with them.

My assumption is that they are communication all the time. The switch is not communicating all the time and I can force to get the switch back to 100% response when I flash ARP tables. Otherwise I have to wait some time until the switch is doing any communication and the ping is back with full response. After some time it drops again.

Main issue is if we connect phone on the Point-Side, I will not be able to call them all the time.

Any suggestions why this is happening?

Guru Elite

Re: Instant Mesh Bridge IAP315

Is this indoor our outdoor?

What is your channel Width for that mesh (20mhz, 40 mhz, 80 mhz)?

If this is outdoors, you would have better luck with a 20mhz width channel.

You should type "show ap mesh link" on both sides to see the RSSI (rate) and tx/rx rates.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_423_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#CLI_commands/show_ap_mesh_link.htm

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hi,

we have an RSSI from 37 on the local and 39 on the remote side.

It is using 80 Mhz channel. Do you think it is more stable to use 20 Mhz?

Yes, it is used for outdoor meshing.

Guru Elite

20 mhz is more stable, yes.   If you can uncheck "wide" and "80 mhz" in the arm profile, during a maintenance window, you should.  

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

We configured 40 Mhz for the moment (I will suggest to use 20Mhz) but the issue is still the same.

I would assume that it is not the wireless connection but the port configuration or some other special configurations that the clients that are not sending traffic all the time to time out. Are there any options like that?

Guru Elite

What is the distance between mesh APS?

Colin Joseph

The distance is about 10-15m.

The RSSI in 40Mhz chanel width is 41 (from my point of view a very good value).

I fear we need to have a look at port configurations and access roles.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: