Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant Models combination

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Instant Models combination

Posted Oct 07, 2013 05:03 PM

Hi, I'd like to know if I can combine IAP 135 and RAP155 instant in the same instant cluster.?

#AP135

• 2.  RE: Instant Models combination

Posted Oct 07, 2013 05:19 PM

Yes you can

• 3.  RE: Instant Models combination

Posted Oct 07, 2013 05:36 PM

Just make sure they are running the same version of IAP SW before connecting them.

• 4.  RE: Instant Models combination

Posted Oct 07, 2013 05:43 PM

Thanks.!!  Is there no problem if one of them are RAP model instant and the other is just IAP.?

• 5.  RE: Instant Models combination

Posted Oct 07, 2013 05:46 PM

If one is a RAP it won't be able to join an IAP cluster both have to be in IAP mode

• 6.  RE: Instant Models combination

Posted Oct 07, 2013 06:02 PM
    RAP-3, RAP-10x, and RAP-155 ship with Instant code on them. Out of the box the are Instant APs and can be mixed with any other IAP. They can also be pointed to a controller and be converted to a traditional RAP.
    #RAP155

• 7.  RE: Instant Models combination
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 07, 2013 06:13 PM

I think we (Aruba) unintentionally invoked confusion by releasing an IAP product called a "RAP" which is not to be confused wiht a 'Remote-AP" that is used to connect to a traditional Controller. Any campus AP can be deployed as a "Remote-AP", but as my colleague Marcus articulated, our RAP3, RAP108/109 and RAP155 are IAP's by default...but to confuse matters can also be depoyed as a 'Remote-AP' connected to a headend Aruba Controller. 

Think of it this way, IAP's are the new Remote-AP's but don't have the same limitations as traditional CAP's deployed as Remote-AP's lol :)

• 8.  RE: Instant Models combination

Posted Oct 07, 2013 10:50 PM

That's good.!! I was not sure of that combination, so, It would not be a problem.

Gracias.!!

Katherine V.