Controllerless Networks

Guru Elite

Re: Instant OS and the PMK cache

Lain Robertson wrote:

"show auth-survivability debug-log" seemed to offer some insight, but the log cleared in between commands.

Is there a way to get the log to persist for a while? How does it decide (or where is it configured) when to clear like that?

In any case, I can stare at what I still have on the screen while I wait for more meaningful events to re-populate. With that in mind though, what does the following sample line mean? What is "asap"? A process on the controller or something like that?

Wed Jan 10 14:15:47  handle_asap_mesasge:4214  radiusd(pid 6291) received from asap with MAC xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

Cheers,

Lain

Auth survivability requires ClearPass because it sends back an Aruba VSA to make it work.  Auth survivability are not the droids you are looking for:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_40_Mobile/Advanced/Content/UG_files/Authentication/Authentication%20Survivability.htm

Screenshot 2018-01-10 at 05.48.31.png

Like Herman Robers says above, Reauthentication Interval is what forces reauthentication, but it functions different depending on if you are using 802.1x or Captive Portal.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: