Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant RAP-3WN convert to RAP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Instant RAP-3WN convert to RAP

Posted Jan 02, 2013 02:43 PM

Hi all -

I have a RAP-3WN that I wanted to convert to a RAP on my network - but looks like I need a different software version for the controller - I'm currently running 6.1.3.1. I see that 6.2.0.1 is under early release and am still reading the release notes on it  - but wanted to see if that is my only choice for getting this up and running - and if so - when will it go into full release? (I'm hesitant because my network span 11 offices world wide - I would hate to take them all down and break them just to get this one RAP up and running)

Controller: 3200

software: 6.1.3.1

APs: 105's, rap-5WNs, rap-2WNs and one rap-3wn

Please let me know if you have any questions

Lirria

• 2.  RE: Instant RAP-3WN convert to RAP
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 02, 2013 06:55 PM

You will have to call TAC to obtain 6.1.4.1 or upgrade to 6.2.x inorder for the controller to support the RAP3.

• 3.  RE: Instant RAP-3WN convert to RAP

Posted Jan 02, 2013 06:57 PM

OK - thank you for the confirmation - I'll get in touch with TAC in the AM.

Lirria

• 4.  RE: Instant RAP-3WN convert to RAP

Posted Jan 02, 2013 07:59 PM

Between the 6.1.4.1 "Technology Release" and the 6.2 "Early Deployment" I would go with 6.2.   The 6.1.4.1 version was based off an earlier build of 6.1.  There have been a number of stability related issues addressed in 6.2 that were not addressed in the 6.1.4.1 version as this specific version was short lived.

6.2 should become GA in February.