Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant managment access, when WAN connection is lost to Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Instant managment access, when WAN connection is lost to Aruba Central

Posted Nov 25, 2016 05:24 AM

Hi,
    Is it somebody that knows if it's possible to gain management access to a Aruba Instant cluster locally if the Instant Cluster drops wan connection or loses connection to Aruba Central?

• 2.  RE: Instant managment access, when WAN connection is lost to Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 25, 2016 06:47 AM

If your cluster loses access to Central it will allow you to configure the cluster locally.  Please see here:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL37Y-XxK6oanTV3821XpKHFVo3hGPW-56 for more videos on Central and Instant.

• 3.  RE: Instant managment access, when WAN connection is lost to Aruba Central

Posted Nov 25, 2016 07:23 AM

Just to clarify, what i mean with "lose" connection!

The local network should still be available without a WAN connection and that you can manage the Instant cluster.

I know i can manage the Instant cluster if i remove the licenses from Aruba central, but i have not seen that it is possiable to manage the Instant if the WAN connection drops or when the connection to central is lost.

Are you really sure of this?

• 4.  RE: Instant managment access, when WAN connection is lost to Aruba Central
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 25, 2016 07:38 AM

Aruba Instant configuration takes over if the connection between the instant cluster and central is interrupted.  Yes.