Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

InstantAP + Ubentu clients ,once in a while keep getting an error

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  InstantAP + Ubentu clients ,once in a while keep getting an error

Posted Aug 12, 2013 06:41 AM

WPA2 SSID... (Instant version)

6.1.3.1-3.0.0.1_33617

This is the error: Integrity check failure in encrypted | Once in a while some clients with different laptops but with the same OS (Linux Ubentu) Keep suffering from unability to connect | keep asking for WPA2 Key.Even due they written the right one.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Please advise,

Thanks.

Me

• 2.  RE: InstantAP + Ubentu clients ,once in a while keep getting an error

Posted Aug 12, 2013 09:32 AM
      |   view attached

Long story short, I was able to stop this error by allowing "Key Management" to be Both (WPA-2 & WPA).

both.png

• 3.  RE: InstantAP + Ubentu clients ,once in a while keep getting an error

Posted Aug 12, 2013 09:33 AM

Really?! Simple as that? i will check it on-site if the client will keep complinig - do u know maybe why it's happning only in ubentu?

(WPA-1 isn't part of 802.11n....and usully mixed mode making more problems)

• 4.  RE: InstantAP + Ubentu clients ,once in a while keep getting an error

Posted Aug 13, 2013 07:32 AM

Problem didnt solve with both option...

anyone can advise with further info please?

• 5.  RE: InstantAP + Ubentu clients ,once in a while keep getting an error

Posted Aug 13, 2013 07:57 AM

I looked back in my notes and my problem was actually reversed. I had all devices on a combined WPA/WPA2 network and i was getting the MIC error.  With TACs help we narrowed down the devices to the cisco phones and the ubuntu devices.  We ended up moving the phones to a dedicated SSID with WPA-TKIP and set the main SSID to WPA2-AES only, at this point the phones and the ubuntu devices worked.  I did update the firmware on the phones and the drivers on the ubuntu devices while in the process so that may have had something to do with it.  I can tell you that TAC focused on the client to resolve this issue, devices driver, firmware, key length, odd characters in the key, etc.

• 6.  RE: InstantAP + Ubentu clients ,once in a while keep getting an error

Posted Aug 13, 2013 08:07 AM

I noticed that your Instant network has an upgrade avaliable. The first thing TAC will ask you to do is upgrade to the latest release.

1.JPG

• 7.  RE: InstantAP + Ubentu clients ,once in a while keep getting an error

Posted Aug 13, 2013 11:02 AM

Hi,

1. Can u please tell what in the end solve your ubentu issues?

2.In my lastest visit on site (earlier this week)  I already upgraded the client VC to the newest version:

6.2.1.0-3.3.0.2_38733

3.today I also change it to mixed.... And it's just made more issues for other clients types (802.11n is WPA2-AES only! All the others lower encyption methods  usully making problems.That's why it was a surprised that u offered that - but even due I tried it..And got more problems)

any more ideas?  Please advise..

Client still compiling. (ubentu clients,different chipsets keep disconnecting..Keep asking for key....)

Thanks in advance.

Me

• 8.  RE: InstantAP + Ubentu clients ,once in a while keep getting an error

Posted Aug 13, 2013 03:10 PM

Tomorrow I'm on client site again - anyone got more ideas?!

Ubentu just refuse to work normal with IAP105 and WPA2-AES (Personal)

please advise.

Thanks

Me

• 9.  RE: InstantAP + Ubentu clients ,once in a while keep getting an error

Posted Aug 18, 2013 02:41 PM

Guys..Do I have to only client that suffering when using ubentu + instantap units? Even on the lastest os.... Tomorrow it's going to be my 4th visit on site in less then a week... Anyone got ideas?

• 10.  RE: InstantAP + Ubentu clients ,once in a while keep getting an error

Posted Aug 18, 2013 02:43 PM

BTW: The mixed encryption that was advised - just make it worst... :smileysurprised:

• 11.  RE: InstantAP + Ubentu clients ,once in a while keep getting an error

Posted Aug 19, 2013 12:41 PM

I have two iAP at home and run 4 Ubuntu, 1 Android and 1 Playstation -- all happily on WPA2 personal with no issues.

I'm on the latest code rev in iAP and running 12.4, 12.10 and 13.4 Ubuntu with Intel and Broadcom WLAN hardware.

I'm coming to this thread late (and didn't read it closely enough to actually provide useful ideas)

Tonight I'll try to break my setup with your config (if you've shared the details above)

• 12.  RE: InstantAP + Ubentu clients ,once in a while keep getting an error

Posted Aug 20, 2013 07:54 AM

there are lots of versions of Linux Ubuntu. try if you can narrow it down to certain versions. perhaps some versions aren't configured with the latest drivers or such.

• 13.  RE: InstantAP + Ubentu clients ,once in a while keep getting an error

Posted Aug 27, 2013 04:27 PM

I am having this same issue with Mac computers running OSX 10.7 and OSX 10.8

• 14.  RE: InstantAP + Ubentu clients ,once in a while keep getting an error
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 27, 2013 04:43 PM

Upgrade your iap to the lastest available os from the support site

ArubaInstant_XXXXXXX_6.2.1.0-3.4.0.1_39461

Capture.PNG

it's fixed for my client everything. (BTW - it's didn't was written that a new ver was available on the instant GUI ver that was installed before -  6.2.1.0-3.3.0.2_38733)

me

• 15.  RE: InstantAP + Ubentu clients ,once in a while keep getting an error

Posted Aug 29, 2013 02:04 PM
    Reason why it's not in the cloud is because it is not a GA release as of yet.

For clients who purchase IAPs without a support contracts they must wait for the GA release (in the cloud) vs partners or customers who have access to the support site.