Controllerless Networks

Integrating Instant RAP108-109 into an exisiting IAP-93 or IAP-105 network possible?

basically what the subject line says.

If I have a network running 4 IAPs either 93s or 105s, since the RAP108-109s are instants as well, can they integrate into this network?

Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]

Re: Integrating Instant RAP108-109 into an exisiting IAP-93 or IAP-105 possible?

Yes -- you can mix IAP models within the same group.

There is a caveat:

IAP-92 /93 are limited to qty. 16 IAP and 256 concurrent connections per group.   Additionally, if you have an existing group of other IAP models (not -92 / -93) then introduce an IAP-92 / 93 to that group, the whole group will be held down to 16 IAP and 256 connections..

This only applys to the IAP-9x.  All other models are unlimited in the number per group.

Re: Integrating Instant RAP108-109 into an exisiting IAP-93 or IAP-105 possible?

Great thanks.

Actually I thoguht the restriction was removed with the latest firmware but is not recommended to go above 16...

ACDX #420 | ACMP

The restriction only applys to the IAP-9x.

All other IAP models are unlimited.

But...............if you put an IAP-9x into a group of other IAP models they have to step down to th elowest common denominator  - the IAP-9x.

I mean the AP9x series 16 AP restriction was removed with the latest firmware but is not recommended to go above 16.

The others have no restrictions

ACDX #420 | ACMP

The limit of 16 IAPs for the IAP-9x is nota suggestion it is the limit.  This has not changed.   If you add a 17th it will not join the group and it will not come up.   You need to p

All other models are unlimited.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: