Controllerless Networks

Integrity check failure in encrypted message

Hi,

my customer gots this error message with some users:

MIC.PNG

The IAP cannot receive data from this client because the integrity check of the received message (MIC) has failed.

Recommend checking the encryption setting on the client and on the AP.

do any one have an idea about this issue

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
Guru Elite

Re: Integrity check failure in encrypted message

Two biggest reasons for this:

1.  Client driver needs to be updated

2. Contention and interference

3.  Clients are being hacked (much less likely)

What is the utilization and noise on that access point for the band that those clients are on?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

ryh
Occasional Contributor II

Colin,

Could this also result from the same WPA2-PSK network being broadcast from other access points (legacy) that haven't been removed?

Alternatively, could it be two nearby IAP clusters - that don't know of eachother - are broadcasting the same SSID and since the keys aren't synced that roaming clients would cause this?

I am troubleshooting this issue currently, and I suspect other APs are remaining from a recent system upgrade.  Suggestions are welcomed.

Many thanks in advance!

Guru Elite

Ryh, does the other installation use the same PSK and same SSID?  You might only see that on your cluster if a foreign client is attempting to connect to your cluster with the right SSID but the wrong PSK....  I could not be sure.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: