Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Internal Acknowledged Splash Repeating

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Internal Acknowledged Splash Repeating

Posted May 15, 2014 06:12 PM

Over the last couple of days, Guest WLAN users get the Internal Acknowledged Splash page like they are supposed to, but after clicking Accept the splash page simply reloads again and clicking Accept again just does the same.  Sometimes clicking Accept redirects the user to the URL defined, but the URL never loads/the page is blank.  This has been working well for quite a while now, so I’m uncertain what’s going on.  I noticed clicking Accept sends users to a URL like https://securelogin.arubanetworks.com/swarm.cgi?opcode=cp_generate&orig_url which then processes the redirect.  Is it possible a problem with the site above is preventing our users from accessing the Guest WLAN/Internet?  We are running 6.3.1.4-4.0.0.5_43022.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Internal Acknowledged Splash Repeating

Posted May 15, 2014 06:19 PM
    Do you have any ACLs attached to that network ?

• 3.  RE: Internal Acknowledged Splash Repeating

Posted May 15, 2014 06:24 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply.  Yes.  The only ACL that’s there, which has been there for a while, is the one that prevents clients from talking to one another (it’s a deny rule for the subnet of that VLAN).

• 4.  RE: Internal Acknowledged Splash Repeating

Posted May 15, 2014 06:32 PM

Did you just recently added that ? Did you just upgrade ?

Have you try using the Deny inter user bridging under the system tab?

• 5.  RE: Internal Acknowledged Splash Repeating

Posted May 15, 2014 06:39 PM

No.  This ACL has been there since the Guest WLAN was deployed.  We upgraded about a month ago.  As for Deny inter user bridging, we cannot use this as we have other networks which require this.

• 6.  RE: Internal Acknowledged Splash Repeating

Posted May 20, 2014 12:56 PM

FWIW, I was able to resolve the issue by simply deleting the network and recreating it with the exact same settings.  What should I look for in the future to resolve this?  I don’t think recreating the network every time/the next time this happens is a good fix.

• 7.  RE: Internal Acknowledged Splash Repeating

Posted May 20, 2014 05:20 PM
    Can you share the configuration of your network?

• 8.  RE: Internal Acknowledged Splash Repeating

Posted May 20, 2014 06:07 PM

Sure.  What are you looking for Yan?  Do you want a general overview or a copy of the actual configuration file?

• 9.  RE: Internal Acknowledged Splash Repeating

Posted Feb 23, 2022 11:22 AM

Hi, I have the same issue but only on Windows machines, all mobiles are working correctly.

I shutdown the internal ACK for now (no splash page) but can I fix it without deleting the all network and re-create it?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Jacob BISROR
    ------------------------------