Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

Ip adress default

what is the ip address default rap 3wn. need reconfigure.

Thanks

Guru Elite

Re: Ip adress default

It will DHCP. Did you factory reset it?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

yes, what is the factory default address

Guru Elite

It DHCPs..

Connect to the instant SSID and look at the gateway or look at the upstream
switch.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

as said by Capplari , the default IP Address of your RAP3 is a DHCP address,if your RAP 3 is with factory configuration , you can  access to it  just connect to the SSID Instant  , and enter  in your browser this url " Instant.arubanetworks.com"

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
Aruba Employee

If you factory-default the RAP, you should be able to connect a client to eth1. It will receive DHCP from the RAP's internal DHCP server.

You should then be able to open a web browser and access the WebUI by browsing to http://rapconsole.arubanetworks.com/

Please let us know how it works out.
Jason Wadleigh, Systems Engineer - NYC Metro Region
ACDX | ACMP | ACCP

jwadleigh wrote:
If you factory-default the RAP, you should be able to connect a client to eth1. It will receive DHCP from the RAP's internal DHCP server.

You should then be able to open a web browser and access the WebUI by browsing to http://rapconsole.arubanetworks.com/

Please let us know how it works out.

But the RAP3WN by default comes with Instant Configration  , and he normaly can  acces via the instant ssid or not ?!

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
New Contributor

Hi FYI im only here to an attempt to access your garbage for one of my client but enable to decode this (DA VINCI CODE)

so please can you help me :

I bring this AP to my home and plugged directly to my laptop with a cat6 cable  and disabled my WiFi card now my eth0 is in APIPA so my point is:

I absolutely need that default IP 

When you tell me DHCP makes me mad  my freind, so please go do some investigation and come back with a real answer ASAP 

PS i managed to get an power supplier to avoid you asking me if the AP is on or if your network card is POE so don't worry about i have a blinking green led the model is APIN0305