Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to create sub-groups on the Aruba Central site to existing Groups%3F

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Is it possible to create sub-groups on the Aruba Central site to existing Groups%3F

Posted Jun 25, 2014 03:05 PM

Is is possible to create a sub-group to an existing Group on Aruba Central? 

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to create sub-groups on the Aruba Central site to existing Groups%3F

Posted Jun 25, 2014 03:25 PM

You cannot create sub-groups.   There is the Default Group then you can create individual groups for each site or however you prefer to organize them.  What are you trying to achieve?

• 3.  RE: Is it possible to create sub-groups on the Aruba Central site to existing Groups%3F

Posted Jun 25, 2014 03:39 PM
    I was trying to "customize" the VC name per site without having to create 200 individual groups. I know I can create a "golden" template that I can clone and then I can change the VC name, but I was trying to avoid creating 200 groups.

I was hoping that a sub-group could inherit the above group configuration and then apply the "customized" group settings to the IAP.

Thanks for your response,

Steve Danley
    Senior Network Engineer
    Lifetouch
    952-826-5554

Confidentiality Note:
    This e-mail and any attachment to it contains confidential and trade secret
    information intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named on the
    e-mail. Do not forward it without authorization from the sender. If the reader
    of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
    responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are notified that
    reading, copying, forwarding or printing it is strictly prohibited. If you have
    received this e-mail in error, please immediately return it to the sender and
    delete it from your system.

• 4.  RE: Is it possible to create sub-groups on the Aruba Central site to existing Groups%3F

Posted Jun 25, 2014 04:02 PM

You can click on the VC under the group and apply VC specific config. That applies only to that VC.