Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a character limit for the policy text portion of our splash page?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Is there a character limit for the policy text portion of our splash page?

Posted Jan 07, 2015 12:04 PM

I am trying to setup a guest network in our instant cluster and it seems to not be allowing me to insert the terms and conditions our legal department wants on the splash page. Is there a character limit to the policy text field?

• 2.  RE: Is there a character limit for the policy text portion of our splash page?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 07, 2015 12:21 PM
    I believe is 256

• 3.  RE: Is there a character limit for the policy text portion of our splash page?

Posted Jan 07, 2015 12:46 PM

Thanks. I really wish I new that before going the instant route...

• 4.  RE: Is there a character limit for the policy text portion of our splash page?

Posted Jan 07, 2015 12:49 PM
    Have you looked at ClearPass Guest?
    http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/clearpass/guest/

You can still use your IAP cluster and point your clients to the ClearPass guest captive portal

• 5.  RE: Is there a character limit for the policy text portion of our splash page?

Posted Jan 07, 2015 02:50 PM

I have looked at it and would love to have it but company doesnt want to pay for it. This is also why we went with IAP's and not cloud or controller manged AP's.

• 6.  RE: Is there a character limit for the policy text portion of our splash page?

Posted Apr 20, 2018 11:17 AM

Is this still the case for IAP's? Is there a way to add a button or an additional page that the user could click to see the a separate page displaying the policy? 

We are not purchasing Clearpass at this point.