Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a way to remove IAP from an unknown aruba central account.

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Is there a way to remove IAP from an unknown aruba central account.

Posted Apr 04, 2017 09:40 PM

Hi I just got two IAP 205 from a business that was closing down but when I got home and setup..I notice they are manage by aruba central... Is there a way to get this working again as local again...or I just wasted my money?

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to remove IAP from an unknown aruba central account.

Posted Apr 11, 2017 12:46 AM

Hi ,

If possible, please ask the previous IAP owner to unassign licenses to these IAP's from their Central Account.

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to remove IAP from an unknown aruba central account.

Posted Apr 11, 2017 01:42 AM

You can stop it from talking to activate, that will effectively stop IAP from talking to Central.

How to stop IAP from talking to activate? either of below options will work:

1. Make IAP's time from 1970s. SSL to activate will fail as a result.

2. stop communication to device.arubanetworks.com using ACLs on wired network.

3. stop DNS server assigned to IAP via DHCP, from replying resoultion to device.arubanetworks.com

• 4.  RE: Is there a way to remove IAP from an unknown aruba central account.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 21, 2017 08:08 AM

You can try to contact Aruba Support (TAC), as they can detach IAP's from Central accounts. They might require active support and/or proof of purchase, but you can give it a try.